In Wall Installation
- ORIGINAL VACPAN can be installed between wall
studs inside walls.
- ORIGINAL VACPAN should be located tight to one side
in stud space.
- Once the ORIGINAL VACPAN location is determined,
cut a 6-3/4" long x 1-3/4" high slot in the wall and baseboard
to accept the ORIGINAL VACPAN.
- The 2x4 wall bottom plate between the two studs
must be removed. This can be achieved from below using a hole saw. In
new home construction, the bottom wall plate can be removed directly.
A 6-3/4" length of 2x4 can be used as a temporary rough in block
that will force all trades to finish around, leaving a slot for the
ORIGINAL VACPAN Floor contractor must run flooring under block.
- Run vacuum tube piping and low voltage wire from
the main line to ORIGINAL VACPAN location.
- Access for final piping connections must be made.
Access From Below
If access is available from below, cut an access hole through the subfloor
underneath the wall between the studs, positioned so that final piping
connections can be made by reaching through the access hole.
Access Through Wall
Access can be made through the finished wall. Cut a 2-3/4" x 3-1/2"
access hole, positioned so that final piping connections can be made by
reaching through the access hole. VACPAN Trim Plate can be used to cover
the hole after installation.
Through Cabinet Toe Kick
Access can be made through the cabinet toe kick by cutting up to a 10-1/2"
x 4" slot and using the VACPAN Trim Plate. If required, score back
of VACPAN Trim Plate with a knife and snap along grooves for height adjustment.
- Attach low voltage wires to ORIGINAL VACPAN
terminal connections marked "low voltage only".
- Slide ORIGINAL VACPAN into mounting slot and
secure to wall using two #6 screws provided.
- Reach through access hole and make final fitting
(Last Page of Installation Instructions)