VacPan is a new central vacuum outlet that is easily installed using standard
fittings and pipe, in both new and existing systems. Vac Pan is a must
in the kitchen kick plate! Simply sweep dirt over to the VacPan inlet
and it's gone - as easy as sweeping dirt under the rug! And the On/Off
kick switch eliminates any bending over. Homeowners will love it! VacPan
solves your quick clean up dilemmas while providing you a fantastic new
and revolutionary tool!
- Plan the location of your ORIGINAL VACPAN
to be conveniently located for sweeping clean-ups. Also consider ease
of access of vacuum tube piping connections during installation.
- The leading edge of the ORIGINAL VACPAN must
sit flush with the finished floor.
- For maximum clearance, use Short 9O degree
Elbow for connection to VACPAN.
- Do not glue the connection between ORIGINAL
VACPAN and elbow, to allow for future removal.
- Prior to final installation, check for an
airtight seal between ORIGINAL VACPAN and elbow. Teflon tape may be
used if required.
- Allow for 1/2" vertical play in vacuum
tube piping at ORIGINAL VACPAN location, so that final piping connections
can be made.
- ORIGINAL VACPAN requires a minimum 2-1/4" toe
- Once the ORIGINAL VACPAN location is determined,
cut a 6-3/4" long x 1-3/4" high slot in the cabinet toe kick
to accept the ORIGINAL VACPAN.
- Run vacuum tube piping and low voltage wire from
the main piping line to the ORIGINAL VACPAN location.
- Access for final piping connections must be made.
If access is available from below, cut an access
hole through the subfloor underneath the cabinet, positioned so that final
piping connections can be made by reaching through the access hole.
Access Through Cabinet Floor
Access can be made through the finished cabinet floor. Cut a 2-3/4"
x 3-1/2" access hole, positioned so that final piping connections
can be made by reaching through the access hole. VACPAN Trim Plate can
be used to cover the hole after installation.
Through Cabinet Toe Kick
Access can be made through the cabinet toe kick by cutting up to a 10-1/2"
x 4" slot and using the VACPAN Trim Plate. If required, score back
of VACPAN Trim Plate with a knife and snap along grooves for height adjustment.
- Attach low voltage wires to ORIGINAL VACPAN terminal
connections marked "low voltage only".
- Slide ORIGINAL VACPAN into mounting slot and secure
to toe kick using two #6 screws provided.
- Reach through access hole and make final piping
Next: 9b. Vacpan
Installation (In Wall)